Sunday, October 3, 2010

Introductions and Adams

Greetings. I am Leronira, and I will be posting tidbits from the Liar Game Tournament on this blog. Of course, I will not be spoiling future games or details from previous ones or anything of the sort, but I will be posting things that go on in the inner workings of the site that I am allowed to tell you.

To start us off, a topic that everyone seems to LOVE to talk about: Adam. I'm sure you all know that Adam was the previous Solario, and causes much annoyance around the site. His recent activity seems to be under the alias of FrenchLiar. He's been up to so much this week that I need to talk about it in full just to get it off my mind. First, he talks to Nearco via PC on the xat, and Nearco talks to me to ask if we have any spots open. I say that there's one in Yochi since Chibi left, and Nearco seems to have a "lolok" attitude on the whole thing, asking me to confirm him on the forum just so we are certain that he's not an alt of an existing player. I'd had a suspicion that he was Adam since then, but nonetheless talked to him when he came on the xat again. I wish I'd taken screenshots, but alas I did not.

Now, I'm sure you're all asking me like the little sheep you are, "Leronira, what makes you so sure that FrenchLiar is Adam? He seems nice to me! I want to cuddle with him and make sweet babies, then take him to the top and win with him!" While I will not go into how SICK AND WRONG YOU ARE FOR EVEN SUGGESTING SUCH A THING, let me give you the reasons for and against his being Adam:

FOR:

-His IP shows that he's in Florida. Adam lives in Florida.
-His speaking patterns practically disintegrated after he mentioned that he was french. Capitalization, spelling, everything to replicate language barriers
-He WILL NOT SHUT UP about getting in to the game, even long after we've told him that he can't. This is behavior seen time and time again in Adam.
-He prefers to speak in English over French.
-He only logs on at times Adam usually would log on, given his school schedule
-His xat picture (sorry, couldn't get it when he was on, I'll get it next time) looks a lot like a shirtless Adam, and Adam has a bloated perception of how well he can disguise himself
-He has not mentioned how he found the site.
-He did not give an Alibi until after I pointed out the fact that his IP shows him to be in Florida
-He claims to have French time zones even after he said that he was in Florida on vacation.
-He can speak french after enough time (for a translator?) is given

AGAINST:

-He has a paper-thin alibi, saying that he's in Florida on Vacation.

All things considered, There's about a 99.9% chance that he's Adam. Now, I can hear your feeble little minds shouting out to me, "THAT'S NOT FAIR! How do you KNOW all of this?!" Well, my very idiotic companions, because I have nothing better to do, let me go through how I know this, from the very beginning.

As I said, I asked him to post on the forum. After considerable struggle trying to make an account, he posted in the Break Room. I tracked his IP address without telling him that that was my main intention, and:

French Liar is looking less and less french by the minute, wouldn't you say? He then told me that he was in Florida on vacation, which is something he should have mentioned earlier. But I gave him a month to post from France before he was banned. Later, I asked our resident French speaker, Glass, to test him on his French knowledge. It seems that FrenchLiar refused to speak more than one phrase, and when he did, he did it slow enough that he could have put it into a translator. He then criticized Glass on his French abilities.

I leave and come back the next day to find FrenchLiar online on the xat and ready to have a rousing conversation with me, claiming that it was "evening" where he lived, despite it being 10:00 AM in my part of the states, which would make it 12:00 PM over in Florida. Not exactly evening at all. I didn't care to talk to him then, so I closed the window.

I go to the forum to see a bombardment of FrenchLiar posts. Not least of which, he has a TREMENDOUS avatar that blocks half of his messages:

Now let me ask you something, Adam... don't you think you could have cut it a bit short on the stereotyping? I mean, for christ's sake, I could have come up with a more convincing character than just "He's French, French People like food and wine, he likes food and wine, derp derp". I mean, there's a point at which you must realize that your character is TOO stereotypical. Seriously.

Anyway, I turned his avatar into a much smaller, french flag. I didn't think he'd mind, and he didn't.

Later that day, right before we engaged in some hearty CYOAing on the xat, a banished fellow appeared on the users list. Cryselda tried to PC him, and quickly discovered that his name was Verrazzano. In case you hadn't heard, Verrazzano had left the site at an earlier point without much warning, and we had all tried to get him to come back. So of course, we immediately attempted to see if we had somehow accidentally banned the real Verrazzano by mistake. We un-banned him and I PCed him to see what was up.

He quickly told that his IP was in Chicago, which I verified. I asked him why he was in Chicago, and he said he was at his Grandmother's house. (Like Adam had previously stated...) So, I asked him if he could verify if it was actually him by going on skype. He said he would, and after a moment of no answer, I asked him if he was logged off. He admitted to it. Many facepalms were had. After much useless banter, Dys gave me a question that Verra could easily answer.


I loled. He then admitted that he was Adam, and gave me a long-winded speech about how he killed Verrazzano personally. I loled some more, then banned him.

I believe I have supplied you with your daily LGT news, so I am signing off. Follow this blog for more updates on the inner workings of the LGT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment