Sunday, October 17, 2010

Prince

Several (read: two) users have complained that we banned Prince without consideration for discerning who he actually was. Let me just clarify a few things.

#1: We are certain that he was someone's alt, and if not, Bryce (adam's friend). If it was indeed Bryce, then by all means he is allowed to sign up again, as he never really joined to begin with. However, this is unlikely, as Prince made attempts to make sure that he was not seen as someone on the site. That in mind, Bryce has said on numerous occasions that he is not interested in the LGT, so we should be able to safely disregard that instance. I will go into how we know he was someone's alt after I have finished clarifying these few things.

#2: He never made it to player status, and therefore we do not NEED to find out who he was. Even if we did, even if they outright admitted it, all they would get would be a stern warning. This is NOT yet cheating, as they were not in the game at the same time. So, you may be wondering, "Leroro! Why the FUCK did you ban him, then?! He's such a wonderful person, and everything that flows out of his elegant hands and onto his crystal-clear computer screen is a work of art!!" Well, fine patron, before I ban you for calling me Leroro, and remind you that you said something similar about FrenchLiar, let me move on to my final clarification...

#3: HE WAS ANNOYING AS ALL HELL. This is one of the main reasons people hated Adam's alts back in the day, being that some of them made long-winded and mostly irrelevant contributions to topics, filling up bandwidth and our precious time. Practically everyone on the site formed an anti-Prince movement in the suggestions box, and I'm frankly quite surprised there are still supporters.

Now. Let me go further into how we know about his being someone's alt. Oh, no, you don't have to get comfortable, it's not that long. Simply, it was his explanation of where he came from. While there is now a link on Onemanga, it should be noted that said link was actually posted by none other than Prince himself and that it was posted after he first told me where he was from on the xat. Yes, he said that he was from Onemanga, and he was quite certain he did not mean Mangafox, after I asked him to clarify. However, by this time, Onemanga's link to our site had been taken down. He then clarified that he meant that he had it in his bookmarks for some time, and only now took the opportunity to find us. I asked him how long ago this was that he got it, and he said it was a couple weeks ago.

The site's board had been wiped several months ago. This means that his story was a lie. I asked him to retrieve the link, and he could not. Good game, Prince.

HEY, THIS STUFF IS PRETTY INTERESTING! I THINK I'LL FOLLOW LERONIRA'S BLOG BY CLICKING THE LINK TO THE RIGHT OF THIS POST SO I CAN BE UP-TO-DATE ON THE THINGS THAT GO ON BEHIND THE SCENES OF THE LGT! WHAT FUN!

3 comments:

  1. There is yet another new user with the story of finding the game link on Onemanga's forums. Just to let you know. I would have personally reserved the latter half of the explanation in order to catch more people with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Leronira, I'm sure many other people are following your blog. You can follow privately. [Which is what I am doing on many blogs.] This stuff is entertaining. Thank you, Lero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOMG LERO!

    Nice blog. That was an entertaining read.

    On topic I do not like the fact that an anti-prince group was formed. But since he was Adam, I do not feel sorry for him.

    ReplyDelete